Pamilyar ka ba sa Eczema? Ano ang sakit na ito?
Ang eczema ay tinatawag ding atopic dermatitis. Ito ay tila mga tagpi (patches) ng magaspang na balat, namamaga hanggang maging paltos, makati at nagdurugo.
Atopic dermatitis, or infantile eczema, can occur in babies and older children. The term “atopic” refers to the skin’s reaction to irritants such as food, mold, pollen, dust, and other allergens. “Dermatitis” defines the resulting irritation, redness, and soreness.
Ano ang mga sintomas ng Eczema?
Kadalasang mapapansin ang pamumula sa mga gilid ng balat sa bisig at paa. Nagbibitak at nagsusugat na balat na karaniwang nasa iisang bahagi lamang ng katawan - mga gilit ng balat, siko, tuhod at alak-alakan ang karaniwang kinalulugaran nito.
Eczema is characterized by red, irritated skin and occasionally small, fluid-filled bumps on the cheeks, forehead, or scalp. This rash may also spread to the arms, legs, and torso; and in severe cases, oozing may occur and lesions may form on the affected area. Round, swollen, scaly, or itchy patches may also occur anywhere that limbs bend, such as elbows, knees, ankles, and wrists.
Mahigit sa 10 percent ng mga bata (children) and nagkakaroon nito, kadalasang bago magedad ng lima (5) ang mga bata. Sa mga nakakaagap at hindi nagkakaroon nito noong sila ay bata pa ay maari nang hindi na magkaroon nito sa kanilang paglaki. Ngunit ang paglitaw ng sakit sa balat na ito ay maaring mangyari sa ano mang edad ng tao at mas mahirapan pang gamutin ito.
Anu-ano ang mga nagiging sanhi nito?
Maaaring sanhi ito ng allergy sa pagkain, lalo na sa gatas mula sa baka. Pero karaniwang nagiging dahilan ng pagsulpot nito ang sabon, moisturizers, tubig na may chlorine, buhangin, plant pollen, lana (wool), amag, alikabok at cold sores.
Genetic disposition may be a factor in determining whether or not a child or adult develops eczema. Often, a person with eczema will have close relatives that suffer from allergies or asthma, if not eczema.
Because there are no conclusive tests to determine whether your (or your child’s) condition is eczema, your doctor will make the diagnosis after taking a complete medical history and examining current symptoms. Several visits to a primary care physician, dermatologist, or allergist may be necessary to gain a diagnosis.
How Can I Prevent Eczema Flare-ups?
- Avoid common allergens such as dust, pollen, mold, and animal dander, or foods to which the individual is intolerant.
- Keep indoor air moist and cool.
- Stay out of extremely hot or cold outdoor conditions.
- Use soaps and skincare products that do not contain harsh chemicals or fragrances.
- Avoid wearing itchy or coarse fabrics, such as wool or burlap. Opt instead for soft fabrics, such as cotton.
- Don’t smoke, and limit time at places with excessive tobacco smoke.
- Practice stress-management techniques as needed.
- Avoid excessive sweating and bathe promptly after exercise.
- If possible, choose tile or hardwood flooring instead of carpet, which can hold on to allergens such as pet dander.
Effective Treatments for Eczema
Let’s try these Non-drug treatments for Eczema first:
2. Short, warm showers. People with eczema should avoid taking very hot or very long showers or baths, which can dry out your skin.
3. Reduce stress. Take steps to reduce stress.
And then we proceed to the next level of treating Eczema:
Moisturizing is also an important component of treating the dry, itchy skin caused by eczema. For the best product absorption, apply moisturizer after a bath or shower. The hotter the water you use, the more drying it can be to your skin. Therefore, use the coolest water temperature that is comfortable for you. Avoid using scratchy loofahs or washcloths when bathing, and pat skin dry – do not rub!
Although it may be difficult at times, avoid the temptation to scratch. This damages the skin and can actually worsen the eczema by causing a thickening of the rash, or lichenification. Instead, use cool temperatures to sooth the itch. Ice packs and bags of frozen vegetables work well. Another method is to keep moisturizers and topical medications in the refrigerator, lending them a cooling effect when applied to the skin.
Types of Moisturizers
When choosing a moisturizer, check the ingredients list to make sure that none of the ingredients may irritate your skin and exacerbate eczema symptoms. Alcohol, menthol, and fragrances should be avoided.
There are three types of moisturizers, also known as topical emollients, to consider:
- Creams are mixtures of fat and water. They feel cool and light on the skin and are often preferred for daytime use.
- Ointments can be quite greasy, but they do the best job at holding in moisture. If rashes are “weeping” or oozing, ointments should be avoided.
- Lotions contain a higher ratio of water to fat than creams and provide less effective moisturizing, but can be used on hairier areas that may make the use of a cream or ointment more difficult.
There are many products on the market today that can help with the irritation, dryness, and itching caused by eczema. Some are available over the counter, while others require a prescription. In either case, it is best to consult your doctor before trying a new eczema treatment.
Some treatments your doctor may recommend include:
- Oatmeal baths, such as Aveeno’s Eczema Therapy Bath Treatment, are available and can provide immediate relief for babies and adults.
- Topical corticosteroids, which are creams or ointments, should be applied to the affected area twice daily.
- Antihistamines are allergy medications that help control itching.
- Oral or topical antibiotics may be prescribed to treat or prevent secondary infections.
- Ultraviolet light may be used by a dermatologist on older children and adults to help clear up severe eczema flare-ups.
- New medications can help to change the immune system’s reaction to flare-ups.
Maaring isa ka sa milyung-milyong tao na nahihirapan gamutin ang Eczema, hindi ka nagiisa! Ang pagkakaroon ng Eczama ay maaring magdulot ng hindi komportableng pakiramdam at maari ring magsimula sa pagbaba ng tiwala sa sarili ng isang tao, ngunit huwag kang mangambala, ang tulong mula sa mga kaibigan ay narito. Maaring komunsulta sa mga doctor upang malaman kung anong pinakamainan ng gamot ang maari mong subukan at maaring magwakas sa iyong Eczema. Maari mo rin kaming bisitahin sa aming website flawlessbeautyandskinph.com para sa mga iba pang makakatulong na mga produkto sa mabilis at mainam na pagaalaga sa iyong balat.
Maraming salamat at magandang araw sa iyo! J